Communication empowers employees
An effective communications strategy is at the heart of successful collaboration. As a business leader, you want to empower your employees to initiate discussions and share ideas for optimal efficiency and success in their roles. Communications tools can do just that – and so much more.
From initiating a one-to-one dialogue or presenting ideas to a group to posting announcements to the entire
company, Microsoft Office 365’s suite of communications-centric tools gives your employees control over their conversations so that they feel connected wherever they are.
Skype for Business really puts the presenter in the driver’s seat
Control your communications.
New features make it a single platform for every type of meeting, from instant one-to-one connections with colleagues to large virtual meetings of up to 250 people.
Get intuitive status control.
Want others to know when you’re busy? With Outlook calendar integration, Skype for Business recognises when you’re busy, automatically changing your status to “in a meeting” or “do not disturb”.
Let attendees choose their view.
Meeting attendees can enjoy the freedom to pick from four views:
• Gallery View: Everyone’s video streams
• Speaker View: The presenter’s video stream
• Content View: Meeting content
• Compact View: All participants in a small
Give and take back control.
Open up or close the floor for feedback and ideas with the “Give Control” and “Take Back Control” features. With the click of a button, presenters can select whether users can flip through content, contribute ideas or make changes to a whiteboard, OneNote or PowerPoint file.
Access from anywhere.
Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) conferencing lets attendees dial into a meeting from a landline or with a single click on a computer or mobile device.
Connect and share from Outlook using Groups
The Groups feature elevates team communications by putting everything related to a project in one place. From Outlook, sets of users can connect, schedule meetings, share common calendars and files and take notes.
Six tips and tricks for using Groups
1. Bring your team together around a topic or project in just a few clicks.
2. Facilitate quick referencing and easy communication by accessing messages organised by thread.
3. Tag colleagues with the @mention feature when their input is needed.
4. Continue conversations on the go via Groups on the mobile app.
5. Initiate voice and video calls via the Skype for Business plug-in.
6. Access conversations offline for groups marked as “favourites”.