You’ve probably heard about phishing. But did you know that “smishing” is now a thing too…
And I’ll start with an apology, for introducing a bit of jargon to you. Smishing is the text message version of phishing.
What’s phishing again? It’s where criminals send you an email, pretending to be someone else (like your bank), to try to get sensitive information from you.
It’s one of the many subjects we’re talking about this month, with some great advice to protect you and your staff.
- The simplest way to block 99% of most account-based hacks
- How to mute notifications in Teams (so you can get stuff done)
- The reason why hanging onto old devices will actually cost you more in the long run
- Why data backups need to be checked and verified every day. Yes, every single day
- The beauty of data encryption. And why it’s your friend
As always, if you’ve got any feedback or questions about technology at all, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call me on 01454 838490.
Enjoy reading your newsletter.